It is our mission to provide people who have developmental and emotional disabilities with a window of opportunity, through which they will experience social inclusion, practice individual choice, become independent, fulfil their rights and be able to develop their talents, actualize their potential and their ability, achieve personal growth and become contributing members of society.
MukiBaum Treatment Centres is an educational treatment organization devoted to providing compassionate specialized services for children, adolescents and adults, to allow them to lead a life of quality filled with dignity and integrity. Our expert services enables the people we serve, who have conditions such as, developmental disabilities and emotional/psychiatric disorders, i.e. dual diagnosis, autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, to develop, grow and evolve to their full potential.
We use in-depth individualized humanistic treatment modalities, which focus on the person as a whole and his/her strengths, abilities and needs.
1. We are accountable to the people we serve, their families, and the
2. We acknowledge this responsibility and continuously evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of all the services we provide.
3. We believe in working cooperatively with the people we serve, their families, our staff, volunteers and other community agencies.
4. We are committed to supporting the needs of the people we serve through individualized approaches as outlined in their individual support plans.
5. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to the people we serve to enable them to participate effectively in the community.
6. We are committed to teaching the people we serve; independence and rights, individual choice, a better understanding of themselves and their capabilities, and how to best utilize their potential.
7. We are committed to providing our staff with ongoing high quality training in the various professional and personal areas needed. This training is used for the acquisition of professional and personal skills required for the provision of the highest quality supports of the people we serve.
8. We are committed to providing leadership in the development of innovative and appropriate treatment modalities for individuals with dual diagnosis, autism and other developmental disabilities.
9. We are committed to investing ongoing efforts in the enhancement of the quality of life of the people we serve, their families and our staff.
Statement of Rights
All policies, procedures and practices governing MukiBaum Treatment Centres shall respect all rights of the people we serve. MukiBaum Treatment Centres will ensure that all people we serve participating in programs and services of the agency are informed of their rights. The people we serve and their parents/guardians where applicable, shall be informed of their rights.
The following rights at minimum are extended to the people we serve and should be communicated to them and to their parent(s)/guardian(s), where applicable, by their program supervisor. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Equal treatment with respect to services, goods and facilities, without discrimination due to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, age, marital status, family status or disability.
• The possession of personal belongings, except when deemed as prohibited.
• Services and care with respect to cultural, religious and regional differences.
• Basic living necessities including good quality food, shelter, clothing and personal toiletries.
• Medical and dental care.
• Take part in care plan and changes to it (except areas listed under mandatory program areas).
• The religious activity of choice.
• Employment, education, or any meaningful occupation to the fullest extent of abilities.
• Protection from exploitation, abuse and degrading treatment.
• Advocacy when rights appear to have been violated.
• Knowledge of worker’s qualifications.
• Knowledge of the rules of residency and consequence procedures.
• Confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and relevant legislation.
• Visitors, except where restrictions apply.
• File a complaint according to complaint procedures.
• Receive mail unopened except in cases defined in residency rules.
• Have rights explained in a manner that is understood.